Coaches keep your players skills sharp over Spring Break
Be a part of a 7v7 tournament held at the United States Air Force Academy March 31, 2018
Teams will be divided into u11, u13 & u15 age groups (unless there is enough registrations for more divisions)
Recommended team size of 10 players. (Minimum 8, maximum 12)
Registration by March 16th:
Teams are guaranteed 4 games for a fun day of lacrosse!
All players and coaches must have current USlacrosse membership – please attach your roster
(spreadsheet link here) to Google form here
The advantages to playing 7-on-7:
- Two games may be played on one field simultaneously.
- Most importantly, with smaller teams, the athletes will get many more touches and opportunities to hone their skills.
- A shorter field and continuous play keep the game fast paced and exciting.
- There will be only 2 face-offs, one to start the game and the second after halftime. Wing middies must be positioned to the left of their face-off man. Defense and attack must remain behind the goal line extended until the referees’ signal possession. The goalie must remain in the crease area until possession is signaled.
- Onside rules are in effect – minimum 2 players on offense and 3 on defense at all times.
- Maximum of 3 long sticks on the field at a time (depending on age group)
- All substitutions are on the fly. There is no switching entire units after a goal due to quick re-start possibility.
- No body checking. Outworking someone is better than a body check.
- Penalties will result in man down situation. Teams must have 2 defensemen and 2 attackmen during penalties.
- After a goal is scored, the goalie will clear the ball to midfield. When the ball is at midfield the referee will blow the whistle to re-start play. This can be a quick re-start if teams are organized and ready.
- Games will consist of two 20 minute halves with a 3-minute halftime, running time. Stop time will be played in the last 2 minutes of the second half, only if the score differential is 3 goals or less.
- Tie games will be decided by a sudden death overtime of 2-minute periods (no stop at half, just switch sides), which begins immediately after regulation time with a face-off, until a winner is decided.
- Players must wear all equipment required for 10 v 10 game. Equipment allowed for game is consistent with Spring rules per age group
Please contact Patriot lacrosse with any questions on how to register or other relevant questions
In case of weather cancellation, teams will be awarded a full refund
There is an alternate tournament day of 3/30. Teams registered by the deadline will be notified prior to event if a date change is deemed necessary.
Team Registration: Click here for team registration
Patriot Lacrosse Players Registration: Click here for player registration